LEAD PASTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The lead Pastor of Midway Baptist Church will provide and oversee Biblical leadership focused on God's Word and prayer. He will shepherd the body of Christ as its primary leader and preacher, equipping the elders, ministry leaders, staff and congregation to minister and share the Gospel.
He will also lead with the elders in crafting vision and emphasis for ministry in moving Midway Baptist Church towards achieving its vision statement. He shall be responsible for oversight of the church staff; and in tandem with the Elders and Deacons provide general oversight of ministries and facilities of the church.
The lead Pastor will follow the Midway Baptist Church Articles of Faith, Constitution and By-Laws.
What We Are Searching For/ Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor:
• A bachelor's degree is required. A Master of Divinity or equivalent seminary degree or theological training or education in an appropriate area of study is preferred.
• Five or more years of pastoral experience at a church with multiple staff is expected. Additional missions experience or experience within a para-church organization would be valued as well.
• In addition, the successful candidate for Lead Pastor will meet the biblical qualifications of pastor or elder, as broadly defined in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
The ideal candidate for Lead Pastor at Midway Baptist Church is someone with an authentic and passionate Christ centered walk, who is dedicated to personal relationship with Jesus Christ and who is hungry for spiritual growth and professional growth/development. He will lead by word and example as he guides the church to accomplish its vision (Every Disciple Making Disciples Every Day) and mission (Making Fully-Devoted Follower6 of Jesus Christ who model both His Character and Priorities) . They will be an effective· communicator, motivator, team builder, and equipper with a pastoral heart.
• Passion for people and reaching the lost for Christ.
• · A heart for empowering the ministry potential of staff and lay leaders.
• Servant-leadership, exemplifying the humility and attitude of Christ.
• Consistent personal habits of prayer, Bible study/meditation, and financial giving.
• Dedication to his family, exhibiting wisdom in balancing family and ministry.
• Demonstrates the qualities of integrity, responsibility, and teachability as a gracious and loving pastor.
• Being fully supportive of Midway Baptist Church's mission and vision statements, articles of faith, and core values.
• A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
• A disciple-maker who creates and grows discipleship through leadership and communication. With an unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with spiritual practices for a life of discipline.
• High relational skills, and a love for people inside and outside the church.
• Models the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)